We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
rejecting a car bought from a garage
Good evening.
I am after a little advice regarding rejecting a car bought from a local garage that developed a fault within 30 days and reported within that timeframe, but has now gone beyond the 30 days as I gave them time to repair which has not been completed satisfactorily so I now wish to reject and return the car under the consumer rights 2015 act.
The car is booked into a garage tomorrow morning for a diagnosis as it continues to have brown discoloured coolant after a coolant flush 2 weeks ago and also looses coolant. With no leaks present I conclude that a head gasket faultis likely.Should I attend the garage or just reject the car as this will be the 2nd visit to the garage having owned the car 5 weeks but initially reported the fault within 30 days?
I am not sure what terminology to use in this instance and whether I can also claim for travelling costs to work via taxi until my money is refunded and I am able to buy another car?
Thank you in advance
Comments
-
How did you pay for the car and was it frim a main dealer or a 'back street dealer'.
It's not as easy as it should be to reject a used car (how old was it) especially if a small garage and you could end up rejecting it and getting no money back.
1 -
the car is a 15 plate car purchased from a local dealer (not a main dealer) that has been there years. Paid by bank transfer.
Thanks
0 -
11 yo car.
What price paid?
Mileage of the car?
General condition of the car?
How did you pay?
0 -
Last question already answered .. bank transfer (unfortunately).
Jenni x1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
