We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

C1 making corrections on returned documents

I had my documents retunred by the Sheriff Court with a helpful list of things needing correcting.

The main issue was that I had forgotten two items that should have been under moveable estate under Scotland and I added them at the end of the three page inventory under ADDENDUM but before the Summary. I added them there as otherwise I would have to rewrite all the items line by line as the form only allows editing in this way.

So I have rewritten the entire inventory moving the two items in the correct place and then altering all subsequent numbers after this.

They said that as I had printed the C1 form double sided that I should re-print page 3 and 4 single sided as the two C1/1 C1/2 extra inventory pages had to be before page 4.

I also noticed (though they did not) that the total for confirmation in box 9 was incorrect as I had not adjusted it after the extra items, though allother numbers are correct.

My questions:

  1. they had hand written a note that they had checked my ID on page 4 which is now re-printed, so this note written by them is lost. Is it okay to just hand it in without proof of ID as you include their letter which means they must have checked ID, and can someone else hand it in not me?

2. How to correct box 9? I presume hand amending box 9 is not allowed, therefore I must re-print page 1 which has page 2 on its reverse. However the signature and date which matches the statement on the will is on page 2. Do I just re-print and re-sign with the original date I signed it so it matches? This makes me uneasy. Or I could score through the original page 1 and re-print page 1 with the correct amount in box 9, single sided, thus retaining the original page 2 and dated signature. If this is the correct way, then what is the correct way to make page 1 out of action, stating this page was re-printed?

Comments

  • buddy9
    buddy9 Posts: 1,134 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Can I suggest that you simply reprint the whole amended document single sided and resubmit using the original date of signing.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.