We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Fighting 3 Fines Please Help :(
Hello, as the title suggests I am currently battling 3 fines at the same time, normally I would scan the forums myself to find all the information needed but I am really struggling with where to look due to the sheer amount of different circumstances relating to each fine. So I was hoping that if I detail each fine individually it might be possible that one of you friendly faces who undoubtedly know far better than I do would be able to help me out. If so, thanks in advance and apologies for being that guy.
- Alleged overstay in LIDL car park
This was a fine received from Parkingeye Date Issued 22/04 due to a 1hr 45min stay in a car park which stated a maximum stay of 1hr 30mins. This was in a vehicle which I had hired from Enterprise through my company due to my nor al company car being in the garage, when I received the fine I was automatically charged an admin fee and the fine sent to me. I have already appealed to Parkingeye using the standard appeal in the NEWBIES thread and they sent this response so from here I was wondering what the next steps are and I have a feeling it is to just wait and see if they send a POPLA code but I'd like to be sure. Also worth noting that I did contact LIDL themselves to get the fine cancelled and they stated that I should just appeal to Parkingeye and they will handle it so no help there.
2. This was a fine received from I Park Services date issued 12/06, reason for issue: Without a valid pay and display, prepay arrangement or valid online payment (ANPR). The amount of time I was in this car park was 5m 44s. I was working away and once again driving a hire car from Enterprise, I was in Carlisle and struggling to find the hotel I was staying at I soon realised I was in the wrong place and went to move my car I didnt pay due to the stay being so short and I am assuming this is within some sort of grace period. With this one I am unsure if I should send the standard appeal in the NEWBIES thread or not. I also was sent different things from enterprise around what I should do which I wasn't sent with the first fine that I will attach below.
I have already notified them of my intention to appeal both fines 2 and 3 which also occurred under the same circumstances on this work trip. This is the email I sent:
Hello, I would like to notify you of my intention to appeal this charge and another charge I received from you on the same date - ********* - I would like to ask, if I appeal and the fines are cancelled or I receive no further communication must I still pay you the invoice after 30 days? If possible, I would also request that you do not pay the fine if not yet already paid and I shall inform them in my appeal to correspond to me directly.
3. This fine was received from CarParkingPartnership date issued 13/04 for a 13 minute stay and relatively the same reason as fine 2. I did not pay for parking because I believed it fit into a grace period. With this fine it is worth mentioning I returned to my car within 10 minutes I just left at minute 13 and I also shortly after emailed CPP to request information regarding grace periods and they sent back an email that didn't answer my question and then did not respond to my follow ups. If they had emailed back stating that I needed to pay I would have but this wasn't done. I havent yet appealed this fine or fine 2 so I'd like to know if there are any specific steps I need to follow or will the standard process with the template appeal work thus far?
Sorry if my explanations are missing details or don't make complete sense if you have any questions I will happily answer and I hope this was coherent enough. Many thanks.
Comments
-
Complicated cases, especially with hire or lease vehicles, but one thing I am sure of is
None of them are fines, they are pcn invoices from private parking companies
My advice is leave this one as dealing with one company
Open a new thread for each and every other parking company
So maybe 3 threads, if there are 3 different parking companies involved ( if you had 10 different cases, we would tell you to post 10 separate threads )
5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
