We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Hyundai electric window problem
Hi
My 2012 Hyunda i30 Comfort 1.6 estate has an annoying problem with the electric windows.
Particularly with the front passenger side. The door switch lowers the window fine but doesn't raise it. The driver's side master switch is also faulty. Both near side window switches on the unit only lower the two nearside windows.
I've taken the switch units out and sprayed switch cleaner in the contacts on the PCB. Also checked for make & break with a multi tester which is fine.
The nearside front electric motor plug also seemed to benefit from some switch cleaner as that side worked both ways after that. I checked for 12v at the motor plug which was fine
After assembling the door, the 'up' switch again stopped working. Sometimes engages when lifting the switch gently and can hear a slight click when it doesn't work. That seems to point to a problem with the electric motor.
Just wondering if anyone has had issues like this. I think some Kia's have the same switches. Any help appreciated.
Comments
-
silly question, but is it just a case of the switches need resetting, I seem to remember some fords did this and there was a simple sequence to reset them, ( holding the switch up or down for so many seconds whilst turning on/off the ignition, or something like that). I would try the Hyundai forums and see if they can help…
1 -
Have a search on www.i30ownersclub.com plenty of discussions around window switch issues.
1 -
Is it Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right……….
0 -
Vectra’s one touch would stop working when the service light came on.
The fix was hold down on the button / drivers side.
Then hold up, once it goes to the top keep holding the switch up until you hear a click / thunk.
Then they work again.
If cleaner worked, well sort of I would think the switch got wet over and over again. Possibly.
Might just need a new switch. Breakers yard or eBay.
1 -
I think you will find it's the switch or switches, but if you can access the wiring to the switch, you can test the regulator/motor by bridging the wires with a probe to rule that out.
Bit I know these switches get fitted to a lot of Hyundai's and they become problematic.
1 -
Yes. It doesn't look like the switches can be dismantled any further than I have done. They click fine when the white part is pressed with a screwdriver and works as it should when checking with a multimeter.
With the master switch PCB connected to the loom, the two switches for raising the nearside windows don't work when pressed with a small screwdriver. A click can be heard at the electric motor and with harder pressing, it will occasionally engage.
That points to the switch internal contacts maybe being corroded but the audible click at the motor suggests it's working ok. What's more is that the rear nearside door switch and motor work fine. It doesn't add up.
An aftermarket master and single door switch might be the answer as the genuine parts are quite expensive.
0 -
I had a 2010 Hyundai i30 with this window problem. The dealer said it was a common fault and fixed it without charge.
1 -
By doing what?
1 -
Yes. Would be useful to know.
0 -
I have no idea. I just drove it to the dealership and they fixed it while I waited.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


