We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
SIPP’s
Comments
-
You often see the maximum time quoted for adding tax relief as 11 weeks. AIUI a lot depends on the time of the month when you add your contribution.
1 -
I do not think any SIPP provider prefunds tax relief.
Many of the intermediary arranged SIPPs pre-fund. But I know you were referring to DIY arranged ones.
I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.1 -
I had a Moneyfarm SIPP that prefunded, was administered by Embark.
If Embark always prefund, as they are now part of Lloyds, and I think will be administrators for Halifax, iWeb/ScotWids so those names might prefund, perhaps others know?
0 -
The timeline with most SIPP providers is that if you pay money in at the start of the month, probably before about the 5th, then they will report it to HMRC. In turn they will give the tax relief to the provider about 20ish of the following month and it will be added to your account within a few days. So it can take as little as 7 weeks, or 11 weeks if you miss that reporting deadline.
2 -
Check out Halifax (Lloyds), I think they do.
0 -
It is probably because LLoyds also own Scottish Widows and Embark ( who operate the Halifax SIPP), so they presumably have a group wide policy to pre fund the tax relief .
Also the Halifax brand is disappearing, so it keeps everything in line with The SW/Lloyds branding.
Now Iweb are part of SW as well, maybe they will pre fund ?
1 -
Lloyds definitely does. Tax relief is added almost right away, before you even have the option of selecting investment.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards