We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

PCP Car Deals

NE5
NE5 Posts: 98 Forumite
Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

Has anybody ended a PCP car deal early ?

I'm due to finish after 42 months in March/April next year, and pay the balance to keep it.

I'm keeping it because I don't want another new one.

So can I pay the balance now, early to keep it, or do I have to wait until the end of the agreement ?

Comments

  • Goudy
    Goudy Posts: 2,615 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 3 July at 1:26PM

    You can settle the finance at any time. Lot's of people do it all the time.

    If you settle now, you will save on the interest due on the rest of the capital except for 56 days worth.

    Just contact the finance provider and ask for a settlement figure. They will give you a figure and give you around 30 days to pay it, otherwise you need to ask for another settlement figure.

  • NE5
    NE5 Posts: 98 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper

    OK thanks. I'm not returning the car, I want to keep it so its 100% mine. Is there an early payment penalty ?

  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,650 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    No, there should be a saving on the interest charges, and that'll be you sorted.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.