We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Sold voucher on ebay what do next
Not used eBay for a while. I had some vouchers I wasn't going to use. Sold them BIN and offer accepted. I used the collection in person option as I am not posting them. So it asking for a QR code. Does the buyer email me this code. Can anyone help please.
Thank you
Comments
-
When they come to collect, you scan the QR code. This proves they have received the item.
0 -
But they are not collecting in person. I thought I could email the vouchers.
0 -
Am I safer printing the vouchers and just posting them using proof of postage
0 -
Were they listed as free delivery or collect in person only? I don't think email is a valid option for ebay delivery. Who suggested emailing the vouchers? If the buyer trusts you to email they can give you the qr code (or 4 digit number) before you send...but it's unlikely.
0 -
I just looked at others selling similar vouchers and they are offering sale via email. I will cancel the transaction and message buyer to say I am relisting with postage option. I don't mind taking the hit on the stamp to post on this occasion
0 -
There are two major worries with selling on ebay, that the buyer claims the item was never received, and that the buyer claims there is a fault with what they received. Using tracked postage will.give you some protection against the former, the latter is much more difficult unless ebay have an inspection and verification process where they test the goods before forwarding them to the buyer. That said if you are resigned to never using the voucher yourself it may be worth the risk...
0 -
Be careful re listing as vouchers aren’t allowed to be sold unless they are physical paper ones.
Don’t mistake other people selling them for being ‘allowed’ to do so.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.2 -
Thanks I have learnt from this error, relisted with postage
0 -
If you advised them as 'collect in person' surely the buyer is expecting to collect them in person?
2 -
If the voucher can be emailed then there's no certain way of knowing that the paper voucher hasn't already been used. There's also no way of proving it hasn't.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
