We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

RedLetterDay - gift card redemption problems

Hello. I'm caught in an IT loop at RedLetterDay.

Their website is awful, as is their support. After over an hour and a half on their chat, 'Sbongile' stopped responding, after they didn't understand the problem. They finally abandoned me. Great.

Anyway, here's a synopsis:

I was given £100 gift cards (2 x £50) for RLD


I have an account. I can login (although the login page just continually loops back to the login page, despite actually logging me in) This account is at https://www.redletterdays.co.uk/Account/

At the top right, there is a button 'Got A Voucher'

If you click this, it takes you to this url (with 'redeem' at the beginning): https://www.redeem.redletterdays.co.uk
This is essentially a different website and logs you out of the main site.

I can add my gift cards here (serial and pin) and it does indeed credit me with £100. But, I'm asked for my personal details to proceed. No options to login. It does say I'm logged in, but it's not my account.

I also have a discount code for 20% off (I don't want to abandon this as it's a good discount)

So, here's the issue:

Fundamentally, https://www.redletterdays.co.uk/ and https://www.redeem.redletterdays.co.uk are different websites with different basket and checkouts.

https://www.redletterdays.co.uk/
has me logged in, there is a field to enter the discount code but my £100 credit isn't there. If i try to add my gift cards, it takes me here …

https://www.redeem.redletterdays.co.uk/
which doesn't have me logged into my main account, does show my credit but the 'basket' page is different & has no field to enter the discount code. If I logout, it takes me back to the first url, no credit, so I have to re-click the 'Got A Voucher', get redirected to the 'redeem' site, to re-add it to a suedo account again.

After chatting with 'Sbongile', them totally not understanding what I was saying, they did issue me with a pdf voucher for the £100 and said this was the only way they could issue it. They weren't able to actually add it to my account.

I explained that this would cause the same issue - not being able to add it to my actual account, having to visit the redeem website instead of my logged in account on the main site….

and round and round etc

Anyone else experienced this or have a solution? Contacting them doesn't seem an option. (sorry if I've been a bit repetitive. I'm still stuck in loop mode)

ps. I've messaged RLD via their FB page but no response as yet

Comments

  • ellenvan
    ellenvan Posts: 534
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    If you already have the vouchers I don't think you can use the discount.

    I think the discount is only for buying vouchers. Maybe this is the problem.

  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 21,800
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite

    I suspect that is the case, especially as the vouchers may have been purchase with a discount code already.

  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,326
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Do I Need an Account?

    You don’t need an account to redeem or activate your voucher. Our account system is separate from voucher redemption and activation. To book, extend, or browse experiences, simply visit our activation site here.

    Receiving our email newsletters doesn’t mean you have an account unless you’ve specifically registered for one.

    • Guest Checkout: You can place orders as a guest, but we won’t save your delivery or payment details for future use.
    • Create an Account: If you’d like to register for an account for easier future purchases, you can do so here 

    Please note, that your account allows visibility of your order history. There are currently no other functions e.g. extend or amend bookings available. If you purchase a voucher without logging into your account, the voucher will not appear in the order history

    Whether you use an account or guest checkout, we’re here to make the process simple and convenient! Let us know if you have any questions.

    https://help.redletterdays.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360006633697-Do-I-Need-an-Account



  • Cubicsrube
    Cubicsrube Posts: 122
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    There are two different back end systems. One is for buying vouchers (let's call it the 'gifter' site) and the other is for redeeming vouchers (the recipient). You can't apply a discount to a redemption because there's nothing to discount: you hae a credit to spend.

  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 25,326
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Name Dropper
    Forumite

    from my reading you have to select an experience and then add the discount.


    You do not add the discount to your account.


    Also, only vouchers purchased through your account will be credited in your account.

    Others are just applied to the experience you select.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.