We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Amazon Dropoff - No proof of posting

So I noticed some times ago, that after using my local Post Office to send a parcel back to Amazon, I was informed they no longer issued a receipt as proof of posting. Instead, an email would be sent. I didn't like this, as while some people appear to have email on their mobile phone, and would have received notification before they left the store, I do not.

I was therefore forced to leave the store and simply TRUST, the the post office actually did what they were meant to do, until I returned home to check for said email.

Fast forward several months, and upon a following visit to return another item to Amazon, I was given a receipt with tracking details!

Yet recently, after returning an item once again, email only.

Why the inconsistency? And why are they allowed to get away not issuing a receipt for an item what cost me several hundred pounds?

From Post Office website :- https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/amazon-returns

"Take everything into branch, drop off your package, we’ll give you a proof of posting with tracking details, and you’re done"

Comments

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,531
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Lazy poorly trained staff is probably the correct answer.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • teaselMay
    teaselMay Posts: 801
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    It's the no box or printer required returns that don't have a receipt I think, I'd just choose a different option

  • fluffy_kittens47
    fluffy_kittens47 Posts: 25
    10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite

    Thanks, I'll bear that in mind for my future dealings with them!

  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Amazon will give different options based on the value of the item and the seller, amongst other things. If you aren't happy with the return options available, you can get on to their Live Chat and tell them. They'll either provide you with an alternative or give you a no return refund.

    .
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.