We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Nominated account switch from.
Hello.
I have a question. l have an account with a building society online, and l gave a nominated account to fund from.
In the end, the BS account wasn't funded to any degree, but l kept it open to gain membership. The BS account is due to mature July, but lve just realised that lve switched the nominated account out.
Should l just let switch guarantee service automatically transfer the cash across when it mature into my new bank accoun, or should l contact the BS to give them the new bank account details?
Comments
-
If it isn't easy to update the nominated account, then I'd just let it redirect.
1 -
I'd contact them to change it - I have found that with switches the bank account details don't always transfer across smoothly.
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.1 -
If it's an easy process I'd probably just get it updated for completeness. But otherwise the redirection should just work assuming the switch is within the last 3 years. You'd be within your rights to complain if it didn't, but that's probably more hassle than just getting your details updated in the first place.
1 -
I tried to amend the details earlier but it seems like it reverts back to my original account. Sent them a message so wait and see.
0 -
Yes will do that.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

