We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

July 2026 Grocery Challenge

1…202122232426»

Comments

  • dollypeeps
    dollypeeps Posts: 309 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    week 5 of July £47.34 in Tesco and £41.38 in Lidl

    So…. £88.72 /£90 for the week

    However….. total for the month £526.95

    Which equates to £105.39 per week

    Not drastic but not where I want to be

    Need to menu plan and stick to list I think

    I’m blaming the roofers they were here for 3 weeks lol ….£12350!!! Not bad considering it’s a big roof and that included materials and scaffolding as well. Fabulous job, I’m well pleased.
    Hoping august will be a bit kinder as we have a few trips

    We go again …….

    Grocery Spends £90-£100 per week …. Payday each Friday
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    £2.56 on one of my coffee bags from TGTG. Just opened it to try. Hope it's nice 🤞🏻

    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • remmie
    remmie Posts: 820 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    I'm late to the party again. I was just going to post on the August thread when I realised I haven't finished July yet.

    Anyway, my total spend for July came to £417.50, which considering it was our wedding anniversary and we cooked a special meal with wine and a brandy after to celebrate, wasn't too bad.

    The total spend for the year is £2781.08/£3600. Onwards now to August.

  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 6 August at 4:33PM

    £4.32 at W@itrose via the Tuck cashback app.

    Oat bran, cleaning spray (YS) for the nozzle and when I got it home it didn't fit and I got the other one unblocked 🙃, and something else.

    Then £1.97 at Aldi on YS lettuce, sweet peppers and food waste bags.

    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    41p on washing up liquid.

    It should have been 25p, but I didn't think they allow double vouchers maybe at the Co-@p.

    50p members price and then 25p off cleaning products and it came to 41p. Even with the green bag it wouldn't have been 41p; but never mind it's still good quality, cf and vegan and cheap

    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • K9sandFelines
    K9sandFelines Posts: 2,996 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    50p spent on clearance vegan Tuno "tuna" at the co-@p. Glad it was only 50p, that's all I'm saying 😂

    GC 2026 £1,339.25/1200.00
    (20.49/8 = 2.52 <2/8> coffee) Sep £63.54/100 BB £17.67/20 (includes food, toiletries and cleaning, from 13th to 12th of each month).
    One person vegan household, with occasional visitors

    https://share.octopus.energy/lotus-okapi-493?utm_source=bau&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=referrals&utm_content=unique-link

    Forever learning the art of frugality
  • Finstickle
    Finstickle Posts: 347 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    Realised I didn't declare:

    Total for July

    £544/£350

    Sep Grocery Challenge                             £340/£350
    2026 Grocery Challenge YTD Average     £354/£350

    2025 Grocery Challenges      Average - 104.36% spend vs Budget
    2024 Grocery Challenges      Average - 98.67% spend vs Budget
    2021 Declutter                     369/365 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 🏅🏅🏅
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.