We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

How long before balance transfer goes through

Good evening

I applied for a Santander every day credit card to do a balance transfer from my NatWest card. When I applied last week I put this request through at the same time. Got the Santander card and the separate internet login details this morning and set the online banking up and activated the card too. On the Santander banking app I can’t see the balance transfer and I can’t see the transfer on my NatWest account either. Is this normal or does it look like the transfer hasn’t gone through?

Thanks

Comments

  • sammyjammy
    sammyjammy Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Last week as in Friday? I would expect it to go through within 48 hours but show immediately on the card you are transferring the balance to. If its still not showing you will need to give them a call.

    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
  • MyRealNameToo
    MyRealNameToo Posts: 5,226 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Though it will take longer to appear on the card you are moving the balance from, it normally goes via a standard BACS transfer so takes up to 3 working days to show

  • PixelPound
    PixelPound Posts: 3,247 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Didn't it say? Last one I did said within 3 working days, so this is probably standard and you don't say what day nor time you did it. If it isn't showing tomorrow, give Santander a ring.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.