We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Going from Quickbooks to Starling's built-in accounting facility
Quickbooks recently told me about a "forced migration" where they insist I move to another of their offerings - and pay more for it.
They moved me from Sole Trader to Simple Start. They claim is to do with it being compatible with HMRC's Making Tax Digital. The fact that I don't make enough money to be affected by that didn't seem to bother them.
Anyway, they moved me over and I find Simple Start completely unfathomable despite its name!
I'm now planning to use the built-in accounting facility within my Starling Business account and I wondered if anyone has any experience of using this - it seems pretty good to me so far - and it's free!!!
Comments
-
I'm now planning to use the built-in accounting facility within my Starling Business account and I wondered if anyone has any experience of using this - it seems pretty good to me so far - and it's free!!!
I haven't used it myself, but my initial reaction was what kind of access (if any) would you have to your accounting data if Starling got spooked by something and blocked access to your business account?
0 -
I noticed that you can download your data at any time so I'd plan to do that regularly as a backup
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards