We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parkingeye refusing to cancel charge
Hi all, newbie here. I’m a baker of wedding and celebration cakes. In January this year I delivered a retirement cake to a hotel for a function. I didn’t see any signs or payment machines. I reported to reception, set the cake up and left,
Several weeks later I received a charge notice from Parkingeye. I explained that I was visiting the hotel in business, they refused to accept that. I appealed to POPLA, and contacted their account manager hotel who immediately cancelled the charge, or so I thought. POPLA refused to accept my appeal so I contacted their account manager hotel again. They’ve been really helpful throughout. That didn’t work either so the hotel wrote to Parkingeye telling them to cancel the charge, Parkingeye refused. The car park belongs to the hotel, and they’re happy to confirm that I shouldn’t have to pay: where do I stand?
Comments
-
You stand an excellent chance of a discontinuation if Parking Eye ( or DCB LEGAL ) issue a Money Claim
Ensure that you get the hotel requests in writing, as Exhibits
5 -
Your mistake was trying POPLA.
The hotel's cancellation would have been accepted by ParkingEye if you hadn't caused them to pay a £27 POPLA fee. Should never have tried POPLA and we wouldn't have advised that.
Relax and wait & see if you get a LBC.
Read post 4 then read post 2 of the NEWBIES FAQS thread; that's your pathway.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
It's all very well saying 'should never have tried', but I didn't know that at the time and assumed it was an independent arbitration service. As it turns out standing my ground did the trick and Parkingeye have cancelled the charge. I assume that means they're down £27.
5 -
Yes they are. Well done you!
Next time always try Plan A first! 😁
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
I suspect the hotel manager was more robust than some who go through the motions of seeking a cancellation, who at the first PPC rebuff, shrug their shoulders and say ‘nothing can be done’.
Well done on pushing your case (and well done to the manager as well). 👍👍Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.#Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


