We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
A legal system that doesn't work
I have just had my case struck out, due to the incompetence of the court. It has taken nearly 2 years to get this far and the problems started when it was removed from the online system once the defendant responded. With the exception of the mediation, I have had one letter since when it was moved to Hertford court to deal with. By taking it offline I haven't been able to track its progress. And I got nothing to give me a hearing date or to tell me to pay the fees for that hearing.
When I got the 'Strike Out' notice by email (email address and written on the document), it was clear I couldn't have gotten any notifications as they had left my house number off the address. I have written to complain, and to the district judge to reinstate on this basis. I have dealt with her before, and she has an understanding of people like me. I don't see why I should pay a reinstatement fee of £313 for their failure to get my address correct on their paperwork.
I am used to being in court, fighting disability discrimination, and used to following the rules; it is essential for people like me. But I can't act on information I am not given.
Comments
-
And the Consuner Rights angle is?
2 -
There are numerous posts on here about Struck Out claims, with responses. The legal system is a service and people who use it are consumers of it. If the service is poor quality then people have a right to complain about it, especially when that service costs you money. The only difference between them and me is I am Neurodiverse, so clearly you have a problem with that? Your user name says it all.
0 -
Nice start, with the last sentance.
While I get your arguement on being a consumer. Legal services have their own regulations.
Perhaps you would be better asking at one of the legal forums, given your experience mentioned in court. 👍
Life in the slow lane0 -
Thank you for your response. It is nice to know there is constructive comments out there. I was worried this forum was an arena where negativity to the point of trolling was allowed to exist.
0 -
I can't directly help with your question - but I think if you trawl through some of the posts on the parking sub forum (within the motoring forum) you should find some examples of where the courts have made mistakes & what the outcome / resolution was.
1 -
Have you tried posting on Legal Beagles?
Either here: General Legal Issues - LegalBeagles Forum
0 -
No. I hadn't heard of it. Will try. Many thanks.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards