We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Aviva Premium from MoneySuperMarket

I want to purchase this for my car with a start date of 1st August, which they can do (60 days prior to when I need it). If my car is delayed, can I just change the start date, or is the price locked and loaded for the start date of 1st August only?

I really do not want to cancel and restart the policy, especially if it means the price increases?

Comments

  • luci
    luci Posts: 6,473 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    The price will be as per the quote at the time you bought the policy. However, if you change it a few weeks later, it will more than likely be a different price. I don't believe you can cancel and restart a policy.

    I'm taking it that this is a new car you are waiting to have delivered? Why don't you wait until you have a firm date, or better estimate of the date? IThe quote may be more expensive, but if you cancel a policy, you may have cancellation fees of around £50, negating any saving.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.