Debenhams Tripp suitcases good quality?

Options
I'm looking for luggage for holiday - surprise, surprise. I've found some cases in the Debenhams sale Tripp brand are they any good? I'm not expecting top quality at that price but would want them too be reasonably good.
Thanks.

Comments

• sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    I'm looking for luggage for holiday - surprise, surprise. I've found some cases in the Debenhams sale Tripp brand are they any good? I'm not expecting top quality at that price but would want them too be reasonably good.
    Thanks.

We got 2 late last year and we're very happy with them, really lightweight too.
    :beer:
  • vixarooni
    vixarooni Posts: 4,376 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes i think they are pretty good. My mum bought a small one to go on a cruise with and it came back fine. Pretty too, could use it for anything.
  • FloFlo
    FloFlo Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Options
    Great thanks will go for it then. Just debating which sizes now - 2 large and was thinking of a cabin size case but it doesn't seem worth it allowance is 6kg but the case weighs 3.2kg so wouldn't be able to put much in it!
  • carole.uk
    carole.uk Posts: 1,774 Forumite
    Options
    don't forget to use the discount codes thread and quidco if buying on line
    IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!!!:j:money:
  • spender
    spender Posts: 1,157 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just bought the tripp extra lite which are half price. Filled them to the brim tonight and they seem fine and do weigh in lighter. Have bought several tripps and they have stood the test of time. Lets face it the cases are treated no differently if they are Vuitton or Tripp when on the luggage line.
    No Matter what you do there will be critics.
  • bargain_babs
    bargain_babs Posts: 2,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    FloFlo wrote: »
    Great thanks will go for it then. Just debating which sizes now - 2 large and was thinking of a cabin size case but it doesn't seem worth it allowance is 6kg but the case weighs 3.2kg so wouldn't be able to put much in it!

superlite weighs 2.3kg
    on sale and use the discount codes :)
  • furrypig
    furrypig Posts: 2,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I ordered Tripp suitcases from Debenhams last year in their sale and they were great!

Can get free delivery code, go via quidco and somewhere there was a 20% off code as well.
  • nix1911
    Options
    I've just purchased two Tripp lite suitcases, and am worried about the durability of the outer shell. Can this crack? I've emailed Tripp and they said: "we offer an infinite guarantee on all our products however this only covers manufacturing fault and not any other damage or tear and wear. Should you feel that your suitcase has a manufacturing fault we are happy to arrange a product inspection for you so we can determine whether it is manufacturing fault or the product has been damaged whilst in transit".

I would be very disappointed if it was to break after one journey, and I expect a suitcase to have a certain amount of longevity about it! These were reduced to £45 each – not mega bucks, but £90 is quite a lot of money to me.

Are these cases any good? Any experiences of the outer shell being cracked or seriously damaged?

• chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    anyone know 20% discount code please.

Thanks
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • sparky61
    sparky61 Posts: 10,422 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    nix1911 wrote: »
    I've just purchased two Tripp lite suitcases, and am worried about the durability of the outer shell. Can this crack? I've emailed Tripp and they said: "we offer an infinite guarantee on all our products however this only covers manufacturing fault and not any other damage or tear and wear. Should you feel that your suitcase has a manufacturing fault we are happy to arrange a product inspection for you so we can determine whether it is manufacturing fault or the product has been damaged whilst in transit".

I would be very disappointed if it was to break after one journey, and I expect a suitcase to have a certain amount of longevity about it! These were reduced to £45 each – not mega bucks, but £90 is quite a lot of money to me.

Are these cases any good? Any experiences of the outer shell being cracked or seriously damaged?

We've used ours 4 times so far and no sign of dents or cracks, the do tend to get a bit scratched but I can't fault them and they are so light, means i can ring back lots more wine and goodies when I go to Italy, hubby's not impressed with that side of it :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure