We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Chase Bank Cashback

Does anyone know if Chase Bank give cashback on Home Heating Oil purchases for example Boilerjuice ?. I cant seem to find a list of MCC codes that Chase will pay out upon for fuel / energy.

Thank you all.

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,468 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Can you find out the MCC code that the home heating oil Co uses when card transactions are taken?

    There isn't a list of Chase cashback eligible MCC codes published by them that I can find but there was a list quoted on a previous thread

    This is the list from last year, the list from 1 July 26 has been expanded to include restaurants and other eating out venues but not aware of any other changes.

    I'd be surprised if your home heating oil was included (no other utility transactions are) but a friendly MCC code might sneak in.

  • Cisco001
    Cisco001 Posts: 4,369 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I don't think it is part of cashback.

    https://www.chase.co.uk/gb/en/support/where-can-i-earn-cashback/

  • Botanist22
    Botanist22 Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post Photogenic

    Thank you all for your attention, replies and knowledge. I too looked at all the available info about Chase.

    I thought this might be the case. Cashback / cash discounts seem too good to be true for us rare Oil Heating peeps..Worth a try on the Forum though..I really appreciate your replies.

    Looks like I will go for the Tesco Credit Card route. At least I can get some Clubcard Points from the purchase.

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,468 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Looks like I will go for the Tesco Credit Card route. At least I can get some Clubcard Points from the purchase.

    1 point for every £8 of spend? 0.125% cashback? Not overly generous.

    Lots of credit cards will give you better than that - Lloyds Ultra has 1% on pretty much everything with no ceiling and no fee (at least for the first year).

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.