We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
BREAKDOWN Cover - punctured tyre unrepairable question
Comments
-
Currently looking for breakdown cover for me and my wife , 1 car and 2 motorbikes
Previously with RAC who were terrible 7 hour wait when had a puncture on motorcycle with tubed tyre so had to recover bike home
Was thinking of going for greenflag personal cover for me and my wife , however looking at t&c's if get puncture only recover 10 miles to garage for repair , that might be fine for a car tyre but most likely won't work for fixing a tubed motorcycle tyre
Other quotes I got from AA and Start Rescue don't seem to have 10 mile limit if you have national recovery
regards
1 -
If the 10 miles wasn’t suitable for the puncture repair, would they not need to provide a service that did solve the issue?
I once used Green Flag for a breakdown on a Sunday afternoon. They took the car home 8 miles as nowhere was open. They then arranged to return the next day to take the car to a Peugeot dealer as it was under warranty. I didn’t want to use the one a few miles away as they were useless and they agreed to take the car to the one I bought it from 20 miles away.
1 -
does anyone know about RAC and the "10 mile" limit re puncture?
I assummed, like most glance through the mass of small print - if tyre was punctured and not ble to take us home, as I have home recovery, etc., etc., my car would be brought back home. I now have a 4x4 which is very picky re tyres being the same on all four corners, particularly the same axel ie thread pattern and depth and the 21 inch tyres cost a load anyway even when I shop around. So, imgaine being sold a crap tyre for 250 and when you get home you need to change it again to one of the type you had on the car and depending on miles traveled, put at risk the 4matic system on you car.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards