We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Issues with Pay By Bank Transfer
Always worked before on both Lloyds and HSBC apps but is now failing and keeps defaulting to opening the camera to scan a QR code - what QR code? I’m using my phone! Both these are premier accounts and apps updated to latest version. It has happened when trying to buy Premium Bonds and when paying off a credit card.
I now have to use my Santander current account to get Pay by bank transfer working (not as useful as I was about to close this account).
Does anyone else now find this same issue?
Comments
-
Do you mean 'Pay by Bank' - where you pick your bank from a list and get sent to their website/app to pay by Open Banking?
Strange (to me) that NS&I offer this pay-in method on their website but not their app.
Just tried adding a quid to my NS&I saver from my Lloyds CA, works fine on my phone.
Maybe phone issues? Recent model? Running any security/VPN software?
0 -
That's seems consistent with how I thought Pay By Bank works. The retailer provides a QR code (or a clickable link if you are shopping on the internet) that contains all of the payment information, which you scan and authorise in your banking app.
0 -
Pay by Bank should connect your session directly with your chosen payment bank (either their app if it's available on the device or to the bank's website. Payment then proceeds via an Open Banking connection. Producing a QR code suggests that this session cannot be established so a fallback is being used.
1 -
That could well be the reason. Root cause though is odd, I’m on the latest version of the Apps for both Lloyds and HSBC. Older phone though, so perhaps compatibility related.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
