We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Cheques over £500 cannot be accepted by TIDE Banking
Comments
-
Thanks - paying in book has been requested. The envelopes are available in the Post Office according to what they told me.
0 -
Maybe. The last time I paid in a cheque was during the pandemic when the banks were closed but the post office was open.
I took the one last envelope they had for my bank. Now this situation might have been specific to covid.
I entered the incorrect details so could no longer use this envelope. I ended up contacting my bank who told me to send the cheque and a paying in slip to a processing centre in Northamptonshire.
The PO staff said words to the effect of, my bank don't always send out envelopes. But like I said this was during Covid, and things maybe different now. I have no idea. I suppose it depends on how convenient it is for you to get to the Post Office.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards