We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
NatWest Mobile Cheque Clearance Time
I deposited a cheque using NatWest’s app for the first time yesterday (afternoon, but before 6pm which appears to be the cut off) and was just wondering when I can send the funds to Regular Savers without it triggering an overdraft?
When I paid it in there was no trace of it in my balance as pending, but my balance is now previous balance + value of cheque (which it wasn’t first thing this morning.) Does this mean it’s safe to use? I looked in the deposit history and it just says posted 10th June, nothing else to say it’s cleared. I used to use Halifax for cheques before they made the Reward account pointless and there’d always be a green tick in the history when the funds were available.
It might be that it’s ready now but I just wanted to check as less than 24 hours seems very quick even with the faster clearances these days.
Thanks
Comments
-
Most cheques I pay in this way show as credited to my current account balance within 24 hours, albeit that's probably 10 a year, max.
Your bank will assume that it will clear and credit regardless, unless it is for a very significant amount (that will vary according to the account usage history) when they will wait for the full 2-3 day clear.
There is always a mechanism for ANY deposit to be reversed.
0 -
I deposited by NatWest app a little while back and I think it was still showing as you say for 2 days before reverting to normal. I think 48 hours is normal with them now.
0 -
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

