We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lowest direct debit acceptable to Santander for switch?
hello all
Please don’t flame me of this has been answered elsewhere, I searched and couldn’t find the answer.
I’d like to switch to Santander Edge account, I have 4 direct debits, two don’t apply according to their conditions and one is dubious.
I’m tempted to buy a very low cost Sky mobile sim contract for £1 a month, will this be an acceptable amount to Santander for one of their required direct debits?
Comments
-
Both direct debits need to be from the list of household direct debits. If it's not on the list it doesn't count. There's no minimum amount for a direct debit, just that it has to be on the list.
I couldn't see Sky Mobile on the list. Nearest Sky service I could see is Sky Digital.
2 -
Thank you Danny, they are very picky there, I won’t risk Sky, I’ll spend a few more pennies and go for Lebara.
0 -
I think Lebara isn't a direct debit, it's a different type of payment.
Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.phpFor free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.1 -
Recurring card payment according to Google.
Statement of Affairs (SOA) link: https://www.lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.phpFor free, non-judgemental debt advice, try: Stepchange or National Debtline. Beware fee charging companies with similar names.1 -
Interestingly, there is Sky Blue Telecom Limited in Santander list - and this is the only place in the Internet where this company can be found: "Sky Blue Telecom Limited" - Google Search
Idiots…
1 -
Lebara Mobile is on the Santander list.
0 -
Robert_HM
Lebara Mobile is on the Santander list.
While it is on the list, if it doesn't allow payment by direct debit then you can't use it for Santander switch offers.
The list is a mess. It's full of companies that have dissolved, some over a decade ago. It also contains companies that do not have a presence in the UK market (e.g. Bord Gáis Energy - or as Santander call it Bord Gáis Éireann - which it hasn't been called since 2014. It operates in the Republic of Ireland only).
You need a company on the list that accepts direct debit as a payment. Recurring card payments are not direct debits.
2 -
thank you, this is getting ridiculous, I don’t think I’m going to bother any more.
1 -
I have a Sky mobile DD for £2 and get my 2p every month
1 -
well they say every penny counts but it’s the £180 I’m after as well as the linked saver.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


