We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Zopa CC Payments

I am trying to pay my Lloyds Credit Card from a Zopa Biscuit account and it wont work as it will not accept the 16 digit CC number as the reference ,anyone know a work around for this ?

«1

Comments

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Send it to a different bank account first and pay from there?

    Seems strange though.

  • ronbell101
    ronbell101 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    yeah seems strange their CS team say use a "bank transfer" from within the Zopa app using the Lloyds bank account and sort code which I have but its the reference number thats the problem they also advise sending the money just using my name !! wont try that !!

  • Worried_fool
    Worried_fool Posts: 279 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Set up a direct debit so that Lloyds CC can just take the money due (and Zopa pay you cashback for the transaction).

    If you don't have enough time for a DD, use the debit card from your Biscuit account to pay the credit card bill, if necessary by telephone.

  • ronbell101
    ronbell101 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I never allow a balance to gather on my CC I use it only for cashback(1%) so pay it off as soon as the transaction clears I do set up a DD as a "back up" for the payment but the balance is very rarely paid by DD so no cashback from Zopa!

    The message I got from Zopa is "We are unable to process payments that use a PAN number as a reference"

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Well thats just bonkers.

    Pay it via another account instead then.

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,485 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper

    Its bonkers they dont allow numbers in payment references! Its fairly standard stuff.

  • crumpet_man
    crumpet_man Posts: 897 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 9 June at 2:05PM

    It's also a little bonkers to not make use of the interest free credit. You get 1% cashback but you would get about 0.5% in interest by keeping your money in a good savings account and pay the credit card bill on the due date.

    It also helps your credit file/history to pay the bill after the statement date.

  • Worried_fool
    Worried_fool Posts: 279 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    This. And since Biscuit pays credit interest (2 per cent pa on balances up to £3000) you could be a little better off if you simply allow your bill to be paid by the DD that is already set up, while minimising any effort.

  • ronbell101
    ronbell101 Posts: 217 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Paying my CC as soon as the transaction clears is the way I have always paid any CC I have used over the years I intend to keep it that way and I've had no problem getting credit, Biscuit will not be my "main" account and TBH it will be used for 4% on DD`s and 7.1% regular saving now I know I cannot pay my CC the way I want to pay it

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.