We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Amazon refund issue to be aware of

Hello,

I wanted to join to ask if anyone else has had issues with Amazon refunds after parcels go missing even after tracking.

I went through Amazons automatic system for refunds and all items were refunded up to 10p less than I paid. I matched this with the order invoices as well as the bank transactions, and these confirmed the automatic refunds where wrong.

I contacted Amazon customer service, and the first point of call team also have the wrong refund amounts, showing them being lower.

I demanded that this was looked into higher up. I finally got a response and the higher up team from finance said that it's an issue with their system their end. They processed one of the items, at the correct amount with a little extra for my trouble. The issue is I still needed refunds for the additional items. so a few days later I thought I'd try the auto refund process again, thinking that the issue would've been resolved and it hasn't.

The refunds are still all being offered below the paid amount and Amazon has not fixed the issue or let customers know.

It totaled to 75p difference for one order, which sounds very little, but this is an amount which would go unnoticed for many using the refund system, or live chat where they are still offering below the invoice and original payment. My concern is that this could be effecting a lot of people an resulting in a lot of refunds not being correct. A few pence for each customer, but this can quickly result in a big difference in Amazons pockets.

Has anyone else been struggling with this?

I am still trying to get my order refunds corrected. It's even more frustrating when they have confirmed it's an issue on their system.

Thank you

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.