We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
How do you actually edit your Vinted listings?
I had a potential buyer get in touch & want clarification on what I'm listing. I can only imagine it's because some morons don't put the appropriate info in their listing.
So say I'm selling an iPhone 16, they got in touch asking if it's the 16, pro, pro max etc when the listing title clearly states iPhone 16.
But I suppose I'll have to let them off because when you search other peoples listings & not just on Vinted, you just see "iPhone". Like yeah which one is it then genius? You get it with cars a lot on Marketplace too. Honda Jazz. Ok, petrol? Diesel? Which engine? Do you want to sell it or not?
So I was wanting to edit the listing to specify (in this example) it's not the pro, not the pro max, it's just the 16.
Yet I can't find where to edit.
"Hop on Google & search it yourself" you say.
Ok tap profile icon - check
Select view my listings…
Hmm.
I've had a click about but I can't find where they are but they're obviously listed still as someone got in touch this morning.
Only signed up to Vinted a few week ago so not really all that familiar with it.
🤐🤐🤐
Comments
-
If you are doing it on your phone then there's 3 small dots at top RH of screen, click there and choose 'edit'. If you are doing it on a pC then again go to listing and the edit is below the description.
Incidentally I would be cautious selling anything of real value on Vinted as the seller doesn't seem to have as much protection as on other sites. For me with an expensive item Vinted would be a last resort.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.1 -
Ah I've seen it now.
There's no 3 dots but view my listings is right underneath my seller name which I chopped out of the screenshot. When it said view listings I thought it'd be in the menu system & didn't even look at my name.
Also thanks for the advice, although like I said in the OP - that was just an example so as to give an example of the situation without actually saying what I'm selling.
I'd never sell an electronic device which required a postal method tbh as in my opinion they're high scam items. I'd only ever sell electronic devices as collection only.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
It's the very first option on your Profile page, above 'Badges you earned' (sic).
Looks like you've scrolled down past it.
I'd post a screenshot but it has my (real) username above it.
0 -
There is no main edit button on Vinted, each listing has to be edited individually via the listing page.. The only thing above the 'badges you've earned' is the user name and 'view my listings'.
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
Yeah, sussed it in my 2nd post. Completely missed it & I chopped that bit out for the reason you mentioned.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I'm a newbie to Vinted, learning through buying things I need or really want, but astonished at how much is out there and the possiblities.
I have a lot of books, outgrown children's clothes etc that need a new home, generally small items, and hope to experiment with Vinted soon, and see if I can at least get some cash to use to buy different books and clothes. While some is just tat and needs to go between recycling and rubbish, there is lots that is really nearly new, and planning to stick to using Vinted for things that I know are in good condition and that I would be happy to buy myself/receive by post.
Anything a bit tatty will be offered for face to face collection, otherwise it will have to go into some kind of recycling, though I might see if I can do something more effective than the rather mixed recycling outside my house. (Everything for recycling but food in one bin, rubbish in another, food in a small caddy)0 -
Where there is a confusing range of options, such as for phone models, particularly as they're so pricy, it's better people check than order and then complain when they don't get what they expected. I think you need to find a short but clear way of saying that it's a just Iphone 16, what you're selling (eg how that might differ from what you originally got.) Just imagine what you would want to know if you're buying. I'd be too scared to try and sell an Iphone. I don't think I have much that on its own could be worth more than £10, that I'm actually selling, though I might experiment with bundles, because it's books.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



