We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
DVLA again
Received a letter from DVLA Medical Team that I have a sight test within 3 weeks of the date of the letter..Problem is the letter was dated 4 weeks before I received it. Wrote back to the sender and heard nothing more. Complained and no response. I know of one other case where this has happened but I suspect there are more. Are there?
Comments
-
Did you actually go for the sight test?
0 -
I know of one other case where this has happened but I suspect there are more. Are there?
Similar, my partner had 3 days to get a test according to a letter dated a month before receipt, postmarked 3 days days before delivery.
Was just able to comply (and pass).
0 -
Just get the eye test and let the optician send the results - hopefully positive - back to DVLA. It's a slow process - DVLA was contacted by my consultant and it was six months before DVLA gave me the all clear.
Never pay on an estimated bill. Always read and understand your bill0 -
Conversely, following my partner's test, letter from DVLA inside 10 days.
Guess it's dependant on the nature of the notifiable condition.
0 -
Sounds like a Royal Mail issue, not DVLA.
But I assume your immediate reaction was to have that eyetest as soon as possible…0 -
No as the Specsavers window had closed
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly0 -
So how long now since the letter was dated?
Are you still driving…?0 -
No as the DVLA letter was specific as when I had to take the test, One of my fellow sufferers found that a batch of Specsaver appointment letters was lost, when found weeks later the date was not updated. So DVLA attached these letters to a covering letter without seeing the date was wrong. No thought given to the grief this would give the driver. As it is my application for renewal has stopped after a 6 monmth wait.
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly0 -
Not surprised. I applied for a renewal 6 months ago and still waiting for a sight yest.
Named after my cat, picture coming shortly0 -
For the sake of those of us having to share the roads with you, please do NOT continue to drive until your eyesight has been tested.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
