We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Glasses online?
Comments
-
Not sure if that's down to them trying to lock you into buying from them, or whether people did source glasses elsewhere, got it wrong, then complained at Specsavers.
Almost certainly both.
0 -
Done it three times now, and the savings are real - usually 40-60% less than optical shops quote. That said, a complicated prescription changes everything. Cylinder, axis, prism, or high sphere values need precise centering, and online forms don't always capture pupil distance or optical height accurately. One pair came back with the axis off by a few degrees, and the eye strain made them unwearable. The fix that worked was ordering frames online and taking them to a local optician for lens fitting - you get the style selection without gambling on measurements. For frame specs, luxglasshub.com lists bridge width and temple length clearly, which helps match your current fit. Just confirm the return policy first; some retailers won't exchange prescription lenses, so verify that before submitting your numbers.
0 -
I just uploaded my prescription to Glasses Store, simple glasses for £39, but they never asked for the PD, so I am not buying.
I did my PD with an app and did 3 readings, 64.9, 65.6 and 65.7 I guess 65.2 would be ok.
0 -
I ended up getting 2 pairs of glasses from Glasses Direct, for £68 I got a pair of varifocals and a pair for distance only.
I measured my PD in the mirror @61mm all ok so far.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
