We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Can I appeal a fine for entering a restricted route
There is a morning restriction to cars for a road that comes off a roundabout near me in South London. I only noticed the signage late after coming off the (small) roundabout and felt it would be dangerous to try and stop so I immediately did a U turn after I had entered. The photo obviously shows me entering but if the video were a few frames on it would show me immediately leaving by turning around in the road a few metres later. Could I appeal on the grounds that it would be unsafe to try and reverse the car back into the roundabout and that it is obvious that I cam out of the restricted road immediately?
Thanks Nigel
Comments
-
You need to post on the FTLA (Free traffic legal advice) site.
Civil penalty charge notices (Councils, TFL and so on)
Make sure you read the "READ THIS FIRST" sticky
1 -
As above, go the FTLA website but your current grounds for appeal will likely be a non starter unless you are claiming in fact you did not enter the restricted zone.
0 -
Let's have a streetview link…
0 -
Even less chance of a defence if there was advance warning of the restriction (which would seem likely for one directly off a roundabout).
0 -
You can appeal whatever you like. Whether the decision goes your way is another question.
0 -
But you did enter.
What would be gour grounds for appeal?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

