We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Aliexpress

Robert7578
Robert7578 Posts: 61
10 Posts Name Dropper
Forumite
edited 4 June at 4:56PM in Praise, vent & warnings

Aliexpress after buying an item that arrived smashed to bits in the box, I started a return and I got a message back saying it was refunded and no need to return. When I checked on my PayPal they had only refunded 10% and now claim i had accepted a partial refund , which i would never do for an item that is worthless to me.

Watch out for this and double check that partial refunds are refused or thats all you will get. This message below does not mean what it says and if you wait for your refund they will automatically close your return and send you only 10% .

I have opened a case with PayPal but I have neve never done it before so no idea if I will ever get my money back.

1000004208.jpg

[Some text removed by Forum Team]

Comments

  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,237
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Another thing to watch is the wording on returns where it may say one free return per order.

    After reading that I started splitting my order over several days, only ordering the next fragile item when
    the previous item had been posted.

    Things can be a little hit and miss with the packaging though, I ordered a metal disc clock at the same time
    as some chunky heatsinks and it all arrived in just a grey soft bag with no padding on the clock and the
    heatsinks just in thin plastic more like clingfilm than a heavy duty bin liner.

    The clock had sustained damage on the face from the sharp edged heatsinks and bent over due
    to the large bag and no other protection.

    I have ordered other delicate items and they all arrived in perfect condition. I tend to use Choice when possible
    even if it's slightly dearer.

    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.