We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

RBS Credit Card statement date

badger09
badger09 Posts: 11,877 Forumite
Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

A bit of a long shot, but has anyone opened a new RBS credit card recently? I’m trying to establish how soon after 1st use a statement will be produced.

(I’m using full credit card payment DD on unused current ac I want to switch but would like to know how long it’s likely to be before payment is taken?)

Comments

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,127 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper

    Ring RBS & they will tell you as it's down to when acc opens & the billing cycle.

    Life in the slow lane
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,877 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks. I was hoping to avoid a long wait on the phone. I tried ‘Cora’ which, perhaps unsurprisingly, was fruitless.

  • CliveOfIndia
    CliveOfIndia Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 3 June at 3:05PM

    Statements will typically be produced on a monthly cycle. So your first one will be produced 1 month from the date of account opening (it doesn't matter if or when you've used the card, it'll be 1 month after you opened the account).

    The "payment due" date varies between lenders, but is typically approximately 3 weeks from when the statement is produced. If you're paying by DD, this again will vary between lenders. Some will take the DD on the payment-due date, some will take it a few days before. But when you get the statement, it'll clearly show when the DD is going to be taken.

  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,877 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks that all makes sense. I currently have 3 other CCs but had them so long I can’t remember when 1st statements were generated. Card was issued 12 May so not too long to wait.

  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic

    Do check as when I opened my Natwest CC card first statement was only 3 days after opening! It's the only one that's done it but made me wary.

    I opened a RSB CC in May, I set up a direct debit, then messaged them to change the date (I chose the 2nd), which means statement will be about the 8th of the month.

    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,307 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I’ve opened plenty of credit cards and most are generally a month after opening. I can’t remember when I last had one taking payment in less than one month.

    Last card opened was NatWest around 2 months ago and unlike the previous poster, first statement was a month after opening the account.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    With my Amazon Barclaycard the first payment was one month after opening with the statement date worked backwards from that so just over a week after opening.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,877 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    UPDATE

    In case it’s useful: RBS credit card opened 12/5/26. 1st statement is dated 12/6/26, payment due 7/7/26 which suits me.

    RBS will replace Halifax CC so I retain both Visa & Mastercard for travel & as a bonus, it’s generated another DD for a current account switch to Nationwide.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.