We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

New Royal Mail parcel Lockers

I noticed today that a shop near me has a newly installed Royal Mail parcel locker system set up outside.

If I sell an item and then get a prepaid RM label via eBay, can I then drop this into the locker ?

If so, how please ?

I asked at the store but the owner didn't know .. as well as being new, he commented that RM just rents the space outside his shop, he doesn't have any involvement with the parcels.

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,491 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I very occasionally use a locker near me. I pre print my label, scan it at the locker, choose a locker size, the door opens and I load my parcel in. I add my email to the screen (which is fiddly) and get an email receipt. LL ones go into one locker that drops down into what I suppose is a bag or cage for the post person to collect.

    The issue can be that if it gets popular, the large lockers can fill up quickly and you end up having to take the packages home or somewhere else.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Purple_Jumper
    Purple_Jumper Posts: 49 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    You don't have to pre-print the postage label yourself beforehand, you can scan the QR code generated and emailed to you by ebay and the address label is printed for you at the locker

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,491 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Not all the lockers have printers, I’ve two near me that don’t.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    OP here .. thanks

  • Lorian
    Lorian Posts: 6,862 Forumite
    Twentieth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 1 June at 9:13AM

    I use two all the time. One usually has paper in the printer and one quite frequently doesn't, very handy though, I rarely go in the PO now.

    One anomaly to be aware of, the tracking updates when you drop off, but then my first moving track is a regional sorting centre usually that night.

    You just scan the QR code in the email from eBay and it prints the label.

    They can get full on bank holidays.

  • WLM21
    WLM21 Posts: 1,682 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I was in my local PO and commented on the lockers.

    The reply was something like "I don't care about the lockers .. they are there to take my business away,"

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.