We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Zilch help needed
Has anyone got any experience of how to navigate Zilch when you fall behind on payments please?
I fell behind on my installments and then tried to pay off some purchases via the app but it would not let me pay for the individual purchases to reduce the amount owed, instead it kept trying to take the full balance. I'm a silver surfer and I don't know if I'm just not navigating the app properly but I was unable to find any contact information or even my account number. After about 6 weeks of repeated attempts I decided to try via the desktop webpage and that worked. I paid off some of the purchases and reduced the balance.
I returned 2 weeks later to pay off some more but they had suspended the account, again I could not find contact details. I asked the chatbot how to pay and it said I needed a human to help.
I eventually found a phone number on the terms of use contract and called them and they said I now can't pay as it has gone to a debt resolution company. Zilch then emailed me a link to the debt company but it asks me to register with their reference number which I don't have and I would rather not register anyway, I just want to make a payment.
I have emailed back to Zilch and they have said I can do a bank transfer and given me the bank details to do that but they have said I can only pay the full amount.
I just want to make a payment to reduce the balance and then next time I can clear the full amount, does anyone know how I do this please? I don't understand why it is so difficult to pay, this is starting to feel like I'm intentionally being pushed into debt
Comments
-
If you are doing the bank transfer, surely it’s up to you how much you pay?
All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.
Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
