We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Santander Logging On

Is it me but when I go to log on online via my browser then it asks me to open my mobile app but the app needs to update things get all mixed up. I sit there while the app updates which takes ages, then I go back to the browser and the app does not respond to the message "Go to your mobile app…". They seem out of sync somehow. I have to close all and start again. Its the app update that interferes with the process and does not allow me to bypass the update!?

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,517
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    By "app needs to update things" do you mean that it opens the Play Store/App Store and downloads/updates the Santander app?

    Does this happen on every online login attempt? Does it happen when you just open the app without a prompt from an online session?

    What phone/OS version are you running?

  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 38,271
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I don’t bother with the app when I’m logging in. I use the text to Phone instead.

    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

    Pedant alert - it's could have not could of.
  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 3,125
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I've never had anything like that, if I try and log in on the website I just get a notification on the app which I can click through with and press confirm.

    What happens if you try and use the app without doing anything on the website?

  • Isthisforreal99
    Isthisforreal99 Posts: 1,495
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Suggests that you are not using the app very often and not regularly updating it for new versions - do you have auto-update turnes off?

  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 9,918
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    This is not my experience.
    Yes on occasion the app doesn't "notice" I'm trying to log on but this is very much the exception than the rule.

    If the notification works after you update the app then that suggests you're not using it regularly if at all, or you don't have auto app update set up on your device. You may want to check for updates before logging on.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.