We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Trading212

What a nightmare. Must have opened an account yday as I have sort/account Nos. Today… securityNo ?? password ??etc etc. Do I do on PCor app ?

I transferred £1 from santander ydyday. Not showing in app.

????????????????

«1

Comments

  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    PC wantsa video, phone wants a code (whereisit?)

  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    £1 into ISA

  • Ayr_Rage
    Ayr_Rage Posts: 4,260 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 28 May at 1:44AM

    @castle96

    You can do on PC or app, just follow the destructions on either.

    When you send money to T212 you send it to a generic sort and account and you must add your personal account number as a reference alternatively use open banking to pull the money from your account.

  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I dont have an account (individual),but I did have their sode code and account No. I sent £1 to their cash ISA from my regular a/c by faster payment . I had an email from them

    Depositing steps weren’t followed correctly

    Your funds arrived as a Regular bank transfer because the steps for making an Instant bank transfer were not followed correctly.

    ​

    Usually, the regular bank transfers take 2-3 business days to be processed.

    ​
    To avoid similar delays, please ensure that you’re starting the "Instant bank transfer" process from your Trading 212 app. All you have to do is follow these steps until the very end.

    I now have a Cash isa of £1. No other ISAs this year. Does this mean I cannot open an ISA with anyone else as I would have 2?. It is a flex jobbie so could I withdraw the £1 and do £20k elsewhere? (dealing with them/app is a faff.). Or, as the £1 WAS succesful via faster payment/my bank, could I do £19999 the same way ?? TIA

  • grumpy_codger
    grumpy_codger Posts: 1,731 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 28 May at 3:38PM

    The first part means that "Instant bank transfer" means pulling money to your T212 account from your other bank's current account ('Open Banking').

    I now have a Cash isa of £1. No other ISAs this year. Does this mean I cannot open an ISA with anyone else as I would have 2?.

    No, it doesn't.

    It is a flex jobbie so could I withdraw the £1 and do £20k elsewhere?

    If you withdraw £1 you can do £19999 elsewhere. Or you can transfer £1 ISA elsewherer and top it up.

    (dealing with them/app is a faff.). Or, as the £1 WAS succesful via faster payment/my bank, could I do £19999 the same way ?? TIA

    I don't know as I use Open Banking option.

    helpcentre.trading212.com/hc/en-us/articles/4410574849937-How-do-I-add-money-with-a-bank-transfer

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,496 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    @castle96

    Think you need to step back from banging random data into the Trading 212 app and perhaps try to describe exactly what it is you are trying to do?

    You are demonstrating that you don't really understand the product you are trying to acquire, have you actually read any of the terms or product summaries that you said you had read when you ticked the boxes?

  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 3,099 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Yes. Its not the T&Cs its the system/app

  • gary1312
    gary1312 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Going through the initial setup procedures when signing up to a T212 product and setting up the app can take a bit of time and patience, but they're legally mandated and there for your protection. Once they're all done, the products and app are easy to navigate.

  • Desmond_Hume
    Desmond_Hume Posts: 371 Forumite
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper

    And yet thousands out there are managing just fine, with this app.

    Dude. Take a step back. It’s you.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.