We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Dodgy ebay sellers!

So I ordered a phone case on 17th May with free next day delivery, when it did not turn up by 20th I complained and now another one has been ordered by ebay and the delivery date is 10th June! 

The seller says I should cancel but when I tried to cancel but cannot as it is marked posted.

How can an item be posted already for delivery in over two weeks? I bet it is not even in the UK yet!

Comments

  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 17,803 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Simply refuse to accept the parcel whenever it does get delivered.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe, Old Style Money Saving and Pensions boards.  If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

    Click on this link for a Statement of Accounts that can be posted on the DebtFree Wannabe board:  https://lemonfool.co.uk/financecalculators/soa.php

    Check your state pension on: Check your State Pension forecast - GOV.UK

    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”  Nellie McClung
    ⭐️🏅😇🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,477 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Yes I'll try but the usual delivery lady leaves it round the back.

  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,337 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Do not refuse delivery as you may not get a refund

    • Accept or collect the package when it arrives: If you refuse delivery or don't collect your parcel, the item might not make it back to the seller. We may be unable to give you a refund if we can't verify return delivery

    https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy?id=4210

  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 33,232 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    How can it take 2 weeks? Check the state of RM in some areas. I had a RM48 hour parcel take over 17 days, first class small packet
    (sim card) took almost 2 weeks.

    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 25,103 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    Life in the slow lane
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I agree, a phone case is a very common drop shipped item.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • savergrant
    savergrant Posts: 2,173 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Is the seller a private seller or a business seller? For anything parcel sized most private seller items use simple delivery, which means they must be posted in the UK. Unfortunately a lot of business sellers do claim to despatch from the UK bit actually post from the far east.

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    if someone was drop shipping then it would seem likely, but not entirely 100% , that they were a business. I think it would be hard to argue that a private seller drop shipped their own private unwanted items from overseas.

    However having said that, I am fully aware that there are an awful lot of unregistered business sellers on ebay.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • deapt666
    deapt666 Posts: 11 Forumite
    10 Posts

    It sounds like it's being shipped from abroad, and the "posted" status is just to stop you from cancelling. If it doesn't arrive by the original estimated date, you should be able to open an item not received case.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.