We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Postage in France

I have had 3 people from France complain this month their order hasn't arrived, anyone else had a problem?

Comments

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,490 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Were they self shipped or GSP? I think you regularly ship abroad if I recall correctly, so this is unlikely to be a ‘tax’ issue or customs declaration problem but we’re all items sent at the same time from the same place?

    How late are we talking, are the buyers in the time frame to open an INR?

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 7,477 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    When we lived in France everything seemed to stop for the whole of May, there are 4 bank holidays, labour day, VE day, Ascension Day and Pentecost, so lots of workers take extra days off to join them up.

  • deapt666
    deapt666 Posts: 11 Forumite
    10 Posts

    It could be an issue with the local French courier services or customs delays if they are handling higher volumes right now. Hopefully, they turn up soon without the buyers opening claims.

  • Archergirl
    Archergirl Posts: 1,923 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Beginning of May, I think I can do that now, but I was waiting to see if I got them back.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.