We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Awful Inpost service
Just a rant, really.
I bought an item from Vinted 10 days ago.
It was shipped via Inpost 8 days ago.
Over that time, it has been out for delivery 4 times before being returned to the sort facility.
I guess this is because there are no available boxes at my chosen drop-off point.
It is now out for delivery again this morning.
Inpost has lost my business.
I now choose Evri to collect at my local post office/Morrisons.
Just to add - I have never had an issue with Evri service unlike some posters.
Comments
-
On the flip side as a seller I have items take for ever to be collected.
1 -
With Inpost don't you only get 3 days to collect?
Not exactly 'forever'.
I'm a good buyer and aim to collect the day it's been delivered (depending on the time) but definitely the day after.
I do expect delivery companies to be good too.
And that includes providing enough boxes.
2 attempts at delivery is OK but certainly not 5!
0 -
As a seller, I drop items off, sometime Inpost can take days to collect the item not the customer.
I think you miss-understood ! As a seller 2 or 3 days before it leaves the Inpost locker onward for the customer is awful. no wonder they get clogged up !
1 -
I can't comment as a seller as I only buy on Vinted.
Maybe it depends on the location.
My Vinted purchases seem to come through pretty quickly so wherever they are dropped off must be emptied more regularly than yours.
.
0 -
And back to the sort facility…😠
0 -
Inpost can be so hit or miss when the local lockers get full. It's ridiculous that they attempted it 4 times instead of redirecting it sooner. Glad to hear Evri is working out better for you.
1 -
TBH, right now I'm not sure Evri are any better.
I have 3 items that said they were out for delivery this morning 4 hours ago (Evri) but now they have gone back to the sort facility.
What on earth is happening?
Why are all these items going back and forwards?
Is it just me or is anyone else having the same problem?
0 -
Evri are doing some strange things. I had a parcel which had an attempted delivery to my click and collect point on Bank Holiday Monday…it was closed so couldn't be delivered. The parcel has gone all the way back to the National Sorting Hub and is now stating it has been resent to my local delivery depot ready for delivery today (Thursday). A very convoluted way of redelivering a parcel.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards