We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Temu Selling

There's a growing number of UK based sellers on Temu. I initially started because someone was selling copies of my own brand products on there. I had them removed and saw they'd had sales so went for the "if you can't beat them join them".

It's for pro sellers so quite a tricky process to get on there to sell products and it's obviously quite competitive.

I know there are some threads on here about it but just wanted to know, on this board especially, what are your views on it, do you know how to find UK sellers and anything else to mention?

As a seller it's much the same as Amazon and Ebay, they seem to have lifted bits from both. Seller support seems about on a par with those two (no good thing!).

My first gripe was that they allowed a profanity in a review that they wouldn't remove, which seemed surprising.

.

Comments

  • Jemma01
    Jemma01 Posts: 1,020 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 24 May at 2:11AM

    Can't comment as a seller, but as a buyer, there's a green banner with "Local business" that makes it clear it's local. Also a whole category for 2-day shipping items which is for local shipping. My problem with it is the £2 per item for shipping if the seller doesn't make it free, so if I'm buying 5 items below the threshold from different sellers, that's £10, compared to a free shipping if its coming from China.

    I'm FTB, not an expert, all my comments are from personal experience and not a professional advice.
    Mortgage debt start date 11/2024 = 175k (5.19%)... Q1/2026 = PAID (3.94%)
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I don’t use Temu much but I agree with Jemma01 the postage costs for local couriers make me think twice. I bought some shopping cart bags a few months back, looked at local sellers as they were marginally cheaper, around £13.99 but some sellers had a minimum threshold to shop, and others would ship but wanted up to £5 -£7 for the one item, there was nothing else I wanted. Ended up buying the same thing from overseas, purchase price was £15.75 but postage was free. I wasn’t in a hurry for them so thought the cost saving was worthwhile.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    The postage and selling price is surprisingly difficult to navigate. Temu are in charge of the £2 and the discounting of it. I've been doing it for a couple of months now and can't really get a handle on the price sellers pay from the price I put in as a selling price.

    I must admit I've never really enjoyed buying on Temu, hence the question. So thanks for the feedback. Certainly something I'll have a look at.

    .
  • RFW
    RFW Posts: 10,531 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Thank you. I've switched between using Evri and RM. They offer Evri and Yodel, RM goes through my account.
    Their customer base remind me of an earlier Ebay. The set up is, weirdly, harder to navigate.

    .
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,494 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Although I should mention I am not a regular Temu user so I'm probably not indicative of a more regular user.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.