We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Parking ticket- gone to mediation stage

Ggowda
Ggowda Posts: 13 Forumite
Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Hi everyone,

I received a debt collectors letter 2 months ago for a parking ticket from late 2025. They sent it to one of my old address apparently and I never had the chance to appeal.

I did pay the parking ticket, via an app, but selected the wrong vehicle. I have proof of this on my app.

I only came across this thread recently and currently at the mediation stage. This is arranged for a work day and I have taken annual leave.

After reading previous threads it is recommended to not have done this as they are not helpful.

I would be grateful for your advice whether I should just cancel this and go straight to court and save my annual leave for something else/

The company is Creative Parking Ltd and CEL is the debt company

Thanks,

Comments

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,135 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 May at 12:57PM

    Anyone can take the mediation call and say, no offer, thank you, goodbye

    Or dont take the call, don't waste annual leave on a 5 minutes call, don't cancel it

    Creative and CEL are the private parking company claimant involved

    The Debt collectors like DCBL are not involved and are irrelevant

  • Ggowda
    Ggowda Posts: 13 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Thank you. Should I just tell them to cancel the mediation and to go straight to court?

  • ChirpyChicken
    ChirpyChicken Posts: 3,616 Forumite
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    nope just ignore the mediation stage if you so wish, it cant be cancelled as such, it just goes as not conducted

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,699 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I only came across this thread recently and currently at the mediation stage. This is arranged for a work day and I have taken annual leave.

    Cancel the annual leave immediately.

    Take the call or don't. It doesn't matter at all as you won't be settling!

    OK now show us the POC and your defence, verbatim.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.