We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Park & Control parking tickets
Hi all,
I’m looking for advice on whether there’s anything else I can do to fight a parking charge issued by Park & Control.
On 25 January, I took my son and two friends to the ice rink in Streatham. I parked in the APCOA car park there, which I’ve used many times before without any issues.
After the skating session, I went to pay for parking. I tried all three payment machines and each initially displayed a “network error” message. I then entered my registration number and arrival time manually.
Because ice rink users get 50% discounted parking, I tried scanning the QR discount code:
- the first machine froze completely,
- on the second machine, the amount suddenly changed from £3 to £2,003.
At that point I gave up trying to use the discount and simply attempted to pay the normal £3 charge. I inserted my card and the machine displayed: “Card read OK, remove card.” I removed the card and left, believing the payment had gone through. The whole process took around 10 minutes.
The next day I checked my banking app and noticed no payment had been taken. I immediately contacted APCOA through their website explaining the issue, but received no response.
A few days later I received a parking charge notice from Park & Control. I appealed, explaining the faulty machines and payment issues, but the appeal was rejected. I then escalated it to the IAS, but they also dismissed the appeal, despite the fact that Park & Control’s own evidence appears to show a significant gap in parking payments being processed around the time I was trying to pay.
I also contacted the Streatham ice rink/recreation centre, but they were unable to help. As a final step, I contacted Lambeth Council, although I haven’t received a reply yet.
I genuinely attempted to pay and even have a witness who was with me at the time. I wouldn’t normally contest a parking ticket if I had simply forgotten to pay, but in this case the machines clearly appeared to be malfunctioning.
Does anyone have any advice on what I can do next, or whether this is worth continuing to fight?
Thanks,
Jakub
Comments
-
Park and Control ( IPC AOS member ) are nothing to do with APCOA ( BPA AOS member. ), or the council
If you failed with Park and Control, and failed at the IAS too, then ignore them
1 -
Park and control are owned by APCOA
2 -
Thank you very much. Will ignore them and hopefully they will drop it.
1 -
Please show both sides of the NTK.
I appealed, explaining the faulty machines and payment issues, but the appeal was rejected. I then escalated it to the IAS, but they also dismissed the appeal, despite the fact that Park & Control’s own evidence appears to show a significant gap in parking payments being processed around the time I was trying to pay.
And please post the IAS joke decision in my thread called 'IAS decisions', thanks!
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


