We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

TFL Red route PCN

hi everyone, I was hoping you could help me understand this kind of PCN, I have received this PCN and I could not find a link to view the evidence of the contravention online, it says I have to write to them in order to view the video and photos of the evidence, based on the photos there is no way to tell if I had really committed the offence, is there any way where I can challenge this PCN on any solid ground? I will include copy of the PCN for your reference. Any help is appreciated. Many thanks

1EA0C470-CE05-423A-81FC-B85FB20CE15E.jpeg B4539036-F0F8-4B27-8EF1-60809292412A.jpeg image.jpg image.jpg

Comments

  • ZiGZaG404
    ZiGZaG404 Posts: 39 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    I have just been to the area and recognised it, I placed my blue badge and I didn’t know there was time restrictions applied for the blue badge holders, 10am to 04:00 pm. Is there any chance for me to challenge this be successful? Thanks

  • la531983
    la531983 Posts: 4,475 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited 19 May at 7:23AM

    Its a red route, its no stopping at ANY time for the period specified. For any reason. By anyone.

    Not sure what you think the grounds for appeal are. Aren't blue badge holders briefed on where they are allowed to park?

    Also, the time on that letter is 4.39pm. Are you sure about the 10-4 time above? Its more likely this was a parking bay on a red route where you COULD have parked with a blue badge between 10-4, but you were 39 minutes late. This time restriction would have been clearly signed, in fact looking on Google Street View it does say no stopping on any day 7-7, except 10-4 disabled drivers max 3 hours.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,158 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    As Its not a private parking company charge, but TfL, I strongly recommend that you post your query over on the FTLA parking forum website after reading their posting requirements first

  • ZiGZaG404
    ZiGZaG404 Posts: 39 Forumite
    10 Posts Name Dropper

    thanks to you all, I will just appeal it anyways just in case

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.