We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Parking ticket progressed to CCJ (no questionnaire received)

UK Parking Control & DCB Legal

I have read many times and followed the newbies thread up to the point I am now at and I’m unsure how to proceed so any advice would be much appreciated.

Supposed offence: parking in a loading bay. I used the loading bay for the purpose of loading/unloading for a short period of time. During this time, a parking attendant wrote up the fine.

I sent the letter of claim email, then I acknowledged service and submitted my defence (i.e. I was genuinely loading/unloading - I haven’t been able to find a definition of what allowed/permitted when loading) through the MCOL website.


Ignoring the numerous phone calls from DCB asking to settle, I heard nothing until I received the CCJ. I called up the court and they gave me the two dates on which the directions questionnaire was supposedly sent to me (the address is correct), neither of which I received. I enquired about applying for a set aside but was told I can’t do this because I didn’t complete the questionnaire but I can pay £300 for something else (I can’t recall exactly what it was).


The 30 day period from issue of the CCJ will end on the 24th.

What’s the best play here? Many thanks.

Comments

  • Alienbeams
    Alienbeams Posts: 2 Newbie
    First Post

    The '£300' is in relation to applying to file the directions questionnaire through an N244 and N180 which would cost £313, I was told by the person who answered the phone at the court.

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,237 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    You have a default CCJ against you due to not completing the missing paperwork

    You will probably need to try to settle the case privately via DCB Legal

    But

    Wait for other replies before doing anything

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,815 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 18 May at 3:06PM
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.