We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking Eye PCN - lease vehicle
Hello,
I use a company van that my workplace leases. Last week, HR emailed me a scanned PCN which was addressed to the company - this was from Parkingeye.
I believe they only sent the PCN itself and not the other required documentation, such as the hire/lease agreement—though I’ll fully confirm this tomorrow. I plan to use this as the basis for my appeal.
I want to appeal of course, but I’d prefer ParkingEye to respond either to my email or my home address, depending on whether they typically reply by email or letter, to keep HR out of the process and keep work happy.
I’ve tried seeking advice from AI tools, but I’ve received conflicting guidance. Should I:
- Go to the ParkingEye website, register as the hirer/leasee with my name and address, and request that liability be transferred to me, with a new PCN sent to my address?
OR
- Submit an appeal straight away, citing that the relevant documentation was not provided?
Any guidance on the best approach would be much appreciated.
Cheers!
Comments
-
Would this do?
“I am the authorised representative of the hirer. The driver has not been identified.
ParkingEye has not provided evidence of full compliance with POFA Schedule 4 for hire/leased vehicles, including the required documentation to transfer liability to the hirer.
Accordingly, liability has not been correctly established. Please cancel the charge or issue a POPLA verification code.”0 -
You should wait for your own NtH pcn to arrive in the post directly from Parking Eye themselves, then appeal as hirer
So HR or the lease company should inform Parking Eye who the hirer was, first ( the emailed scan is for information only. )
Once you have a pcn in your own name, you appeal it as hirer, no hirer liability under POFA 2012
The hirer docs never accompany any NTK, so currently remain with HR or the lease company
Forget AI, read the bottom of the first post in the newbies sticky thread in announcements near the top of the forum by coupon mad
2 -
Thanks for your response
1 -
How do I get my own notice to Hirer? Would my workplace need to appeal on the parking eye website and say I was the one driving?
0 -
Nearly, they would report you as hirer, not driver
They were not present when the vehicle was being driven, so can only make assumptions , they didn't witness it
They name the hirer, as detailed in Pofa2012
2 -
"Would my workplace need to appeal on the parking eye website and say I was the one driving?"
Absolutely not! Eeeek! You'd have binned the win!
The company knows what to do because it's on the back of the PCN. They transfer liability to the hirer/lessee (you) obviously without commenting who might have been driving.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

