We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
New Car Insurance & Moving House
Hi, My current car insurance expires on 28th May. Next week I hope to be exchanging contracts on a house move with completion date set at 29th May. Whilst I'm going to wait until after exchange has taken place to obtain a new quote (my previous renewal quote was too high with no option for a requote), I'd like advice please, should I put all details in for the new home or at my existing home when looking for quotes & then contact the insurance company once I've definitely moved? Thanks
Comments
-
Existing insurance expires 28 May at 23:59
New house completion should be 29 May, (assume contracts exchanged) so insurance should be fine at the new address unless you dont complete on the 29th.
If you use the old address when you move on the 29th May you will have to obtain an updated quote and pay an admin fee to change the address
Maybe worth getting quotes now with new address and check how long the quotes are valid for. If you leave it to the 29th to get quotes you will pay a higher premium (last minute)
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards