We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Receiving rebate for a total write off.. But GAP insurance paid the difference?
I just received a letter from my insurerl that I am due a considerable amount of money due to a too low settlement that i had following a total write off in 2024.. Great news, however at the time my GAP insurance paid the difference, so will they be entitled to/come looking for this rebate? Had my insurer settled at the correct value then the GAP insurance would have had to cough up significantly less (it wouldn't have made a difference to me financially of course).
Comments
-
I suspect they are entitled to the rebate. This is happening to many people so I'd imagine GAP insurers will be doing some form of exercise to check.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards