We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Initial Parking PCN - St Mary's Church Bets-y-Coed
Comments
-
Bung it in now. It's unimportant but give it a go and I told you EXACTLY what to put:
it might well be a 'keying error' so ask them firstly to check for that and secondly, state that:
we don't know whether the right amount has been paid or not because there's nothing on the PCN which clearly states what the actual hourly charges are. So we need a picture of the sign/contract and evidence of all payments made that day & time period (partially redacted machine/app logs with our own one not redacted) so we can identify our payment.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
If you just type the name and place into google a whole page of posts come up showing the car park signs and prices and also comments from others who have inadvertently paid the wrong amount.
2026 Decluttering and redistribution 960/1526 Major job list 230/500 Total 1190/2026 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅(🏅)
2026 Weight loss 1st target 2/25
2026 1p Challenge 267/365
2026 NSD Feb 10/28 Mar 7/31 April 8/30 May 6/31June 7/30 July 6/31 Aug 9/31Sep 14/304 -
Thank you, yes, if you actually Google "St Marys Church Bets-y-Coed Car Park", you get a much more complete story than if you just Google "St Marys Church Bets-y-Coed". I spotted that last night.
I've spent a fair amount of looking at the position of the signs, and lining it up with the driver's story.
Having done so, I think it's entirely possible for a person to park either close to the machine, or even at a place where it's not obvious you're on controlled land, and walk to the machine without passing any tariff signage.
If you then get to the machine, and it's in Welsh, as the driver contends, without an obvious way to translate, it's going to be difficult to understand what the correct payment amount is.
I think it's entirely likely that the driver paid what they thought was correct, and then left the car park, which again appears possible to do without passing further tariff signage.
My plan is to appeal and ask Initial to provide evidence of their signage, locations, and what the machine display looks like. Also, of course, to prove that they have landowner's permission.
If Initial Parking are open and provide evidence which clearly shows that I'm wrong, then I'll pay. If they don't, I won't. They'll need to provide it first up though, if they wait to do that until it goes to Popla and I lose the 'discount', then I'll be minded to fight it all the way.
1 -
Yes sorry. I search the name and place and then selected the option that included the words car park.
2026 Decluttering and redistribution 960/1526 Major job list 230/500 Total 1190/2026 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ⭐️🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅(🏅)
2026 Weight loss 1st target 2/25
2026 1p Challenge 267/365
2026 NSD Feb 10/28 Mar 7/31 April 8/30 May 6/31June 7/30 July 6/31 Aug 9/31Sep 14/302 -
I have no idea what that NTK is actually claiming, it could be a keying error, an under payment, or a non payment who knows it's a generic letter with a few unique field filled in the body of the text tells you nothing.
Online searches show very little for signage, especially up to date, but below are the most recent I could find that suggests the signs are in English and Welsh as you would expect, and that the fee that should have been paid if the same as 11 months ago would be £2.50 for two hours.
We have had a number of church car parks where drivers have fallen fowl of their parking rules, it amazes me how uncharitable the administration of them actually appear to be!
A couple of screen grabs showing tariffs and language, though not that recent:
2 -
My plan is to appeal and ask Initial to provide evidence of their signage, locations, and what the machine display looks like. Also, of course, to prove that they have landowner's permission.
Plus the two things I said? Those questions are important.
If Initial Parking are open and provide evidence which clearly shows that I'm wrong, then I'll pay.
Oh no, you won't. Nobody does that!
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD4 -
"My plan is to appeal and ask Initial to provide evidence of their signage, locations, and what the machine display looks like"
They use ANPR so they won't have this evidence from the day, if they provide anything it will be their office master copies and a Google Earth plan with coloured dots on which isn't current or evidence that anything existed on the day, and will not be dated.
"Also, of course, to prove that they have landowner's permission"
They will just say they have a contract, and they will produce it in court (as a threat).
"If Initial Parking are open…"
They are a parking company their MO is to never be "open".
4 -
Just send what I advised.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards



