We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including number plates, reference numbers and QR codes (which may reveal vehicle information when scanned).
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

DCB Legal Claim Form

Hello,

I've reviewed the newbies thread but getting a bit confused so hoping for confirmation I have done the right thing so far and what my next steps should be.

Claim form received from DCB Legal relating to a parking charge from Euro Car Parks Ltd in May 2025. Claim form dated 29/04/2026 and I completed the AoS 04/05/2026. I now have until (?) 30/05/2026 to complete and file my defence?

I am about to send a SAR to Euro Car Parks but they are requesting passport/driving license and log book as proof of identity - I assume this is standard practice?

Finally - I will need info from the SAR to be certain - but the PC is from a year ago. I don't really have a defence as I am fairly sure I parked without paying for a few minutes. I am not 100% on specifics but I believe I parked for around 10 minutes, would need SAR to confirm. The honest reason is I was quickly dropping off donations at a charity shop and was with my young son who has ADHD. My thought was the time it took me to go and pay for parking and display in my car, whilst stopping a 7 year old with ADHD running around the carpark, I could go and drop off bags and be back in the car quicker. I do not have any of the letters sent from Euro Car Parks or DCB Legal as I tend to bin any I receive - fairly sure the PC was via the post rather than a PCN on the car. I am assuming DCB won't take this sob story as a defence but do I still use the same template defence and waffle to this effect a bit?

Finally I've read the Mazur thread and the claim form is signed by someone who is SRA registered.

Anything else to consider or do I follow the above ASAP?

Comments

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,699 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    "I am about to send a SAR to Euro Car Parks "

    No you aren't. That's not the advice in the Template Defence 8 steps. Just follow that. You are certainly not putting a sob story as a defence either!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • glasso
    glasso Posts: 20 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts

    Do I not need an SAR so I know what details they have to give me more information for defence? As I said from memory I was there 10 minutes but could be 5 could be 20 I have no idea.

    Has advice changed because I am sure previously when I did this a few years ago an SAR was recommended?

  • Gr1pr
    Gr1pr Posts: 16,135 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    No definitely not, no SAR required at this point and any reply would arrive too late anyway

    No longer recommended, ignorance is bliss due to the passage of time

    Use a generic paragraph 3. Based on countless others on here over the last 12 months for ECP via DCB Legal cases, refuting the POC

    No stories, no recollections this is a defence, not a witness statement

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,699 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Yes the advice changed. No SAR.

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • glasso
    glasso Posts: 20 Forumite
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts

    To clarify, the 10 point statement (with paragraph 3 my own words) which was posted in 2023 is what I now input in MCOL?

  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 165,699 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    As it says in the Template Defence thread!

    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
    Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 27,165 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    With an issue date of 29/04/26 and providing you complete(d) the AoS after 04/05/26 and before or on 18/05/26 your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 01/06/26

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.