We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Advice on unloading Importing windows from Poland
Comments
-
Might be worth finding a self build forum to ask this on, as like someone else mentioned, I'm sure I've seen similar on those house building, grand designs type TV shows.
2 -
Might be worth visiting a couple of heavy haulage companies in your locality. Where I live, there are several that will offload from one lorry and load it on to theirs for the "final mile" delivery - One I have in mind operate a small fleet with heavy duty hiabs on the back. Used them once myself to uplift a milling machine (1.5t) that was in their yard and deliver to my driveway some two miles away.
Any language construct that forces such insanity in this case should be abandoned without regrets. –
Erik Aronesty, 2014
Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.3 -
How did you move it from your driveway? Maybe it is still there!
No reliance should be placed on the above! Absolutely none, do you hear?0 -
A combination of skates, rollers, crowbars, and grunt. Once it was on the concrete slab of the garage, it was quite easy to get in to position on my own.
Any language construct that forces such insanity in this case should be abandoned without regrets. –
Erik Aronesty, 2014
Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.3 -
I can't imagine what £40k's worth of 'normal' UPVC frames would look like, so I assume these are high quality timber. If it's UPVC could fit out a whole street for £40k.
0 -
Also knowing something about the European UPVC window industry, I can not think how they could make equivalent UPVC windows half price. Cheaper yes as labour is cheaper, but the cost of PVC polymer is similar in most countries for example.
I do not know enough about hardwood windows to comment.
0 -
Thanks for this, I'm going to look into it right now.
0 -
Thank you for this! It has solved my problem. I've managed to find a company up the road you will do this. They are going to take the delivery at their yard and transfer to a rigid Hiab.
5 -
Once off loaded from the truck the builders will then advise on what types of lifting equipment they will need to get the windows in place. Mine just mentioned they might need a genie lift. From what I gather most people use a fork lift to unload the wagon but our street wasnt suitable. The hiab I believe is able to lift them into position such as over houses etc.Not sure about that though.
0 -
A Hiab would usually be able to lift over a low fence and set down into front garden. Lifting over a house would usually be outside the reach of a Hiab and would require a crane
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

