We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Parking tickets. Tickets sent to old address
Hello wonderful people, I need advice please.
I parked in a parking lot and got parking tickets sent to my previous address. At the time of the charge, I haven’t changed my address on DVLA. When I later got the letter sent to my new address 3 months later, I was asked to pay £170 with no opportunity to appeal. The initial charge sent to my previous address was £100, which I could have paid £40 within 14 days.
I wrote to dcbl letting them know I did not see the previous letters and they should revert to the initial £40. They declined and said they are only representing their client. I wrote to g24 to explain the situation, they declined. I offered to pay the original £100, they declined and reminded me there’s no opportunity to appeal. They then said they would not respond further to my emails as they’ve taken their final decision. Anyways, they keep sending letters pressuring me to pay. I ignored the subsequent letters since they said they will not respond to me again. They’ve now taken me to court and a county court claim has been made against me. The total cost has risen to £260 insulting court fee and legal fee. I’ve acknowledged the service online, which I heard gives me 28 days to prepare a defence.
what do I do from here please? Am I likely to pay more in court?
Comments
-
Am I likely to pay more in court?
It's unlikely to get to court DCB Legal routinely discontinue cases before the hearing fee is to be paid.
what do I do from here please?
Post image of Particulars of Claim (redact VRM any other personal details) and give the Issue date on the Claim form.
See 1st and 2nd posts in the Template Defence thread.
4 -
They’ve now taken me to court and a county court claim has been made against me. The total cost has risen to £260 insulting court fee and legal fee.
Am I likely to pay more in court?
Of course not!
LESS, EVEN IF YOU LOST.
But DCB Legal always discontinue G24 cases before hearings, so you'll pay nowt.
You'd know that if you have read post 2 of the NEWBIES thread. It tells you already.
PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
CLICK at the top or bottom of any page where it says:
Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD3 -
As you failed to change your address with the DVLA you might also be wise to check your license in case you have been given points for failing to name the driver for any motoring offences committed while your address was wrong.
1 -
Are you in the UK - the use of the word parking Lot as opposed to car park points at you being in the USA/Canada
From the Plain Language Commission:
"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"2 -
the claim was issued on 30/04/26. AOS completed 10/06/26.I’m now going though the defence template.
1 -
No points. Just checked. Thanks
1 -
With an issue date of 30/04/26 and having completed the AoS in a timely manner your defence deadline date is 4.00 p.m. on 02/06/26
You didn't complete the AoS on 10/06/26, maybe you meant 10/05/26
2 -
yes, you are correct. I meant 10/05
1 -
It happened while I’m in the UK.
1 -
I’ve completed drafting my defence. Should I go on to submit it or should I take my time before going to submit on MCOL?
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


